A few of the blogs I frequent devote a day to things they love. And I guess one of the things I love is this idea, it is like a little snapshot of what is going on inside their head that week, or at least that is how I see it. So without further ado, here are 10 things I currently love, in no particular order.
1. Stereomood– radio that fits your mood. It is kinda like Pandora, but instead of basing songs off a specific artist, it sets it to certain moods. I found this song there, and I love it. Never before have I heard such awesome yodeling. The song is Hocus Pocus, by Focus.
2. Homemade biscuits. My mom has this quick mix recipe, so it is easy to have biscuits whenever you want them. I love to make them into garlic cheddar biscuits, all you have to do is add about 1/4 cup cheese and a few dashes of garlic powder before you add the water. The pdf is formatted so it will print out to as a nice recipe book.
3. Daily webcomics. Growing up I loved to read the comics section of the newspaper, especially the Sunday comics. I don’t get the newspaper any more, but now I can read current comics by awesome people, instead of ones that were started 50 years ago. Two of my favorites are Questionable Content, which is about indie hipster folk, but not in an annoying way I promise. The other is Girls with Slingshots, about a group of friends and their day to day lives. it is way more excellent than I just made it sound.
4. Firefly. Unfortunately I decided to get into this series very late in the game, and after I had seen the movie. But it is still a great series.
5. Stumbleupon. This is how I come across a majority of the sites I love, and things I would never have thought to look for. Be warned, it has time canceling abilities and before you know it, it is 4 am and you are still stumbling. And you don’t care.
6. The internet. This one is kinda a given, but I love the internet almost as much as I love breathing. When I was younger, when I became interested in something, I soaked up as much as I could about that topic. Now with the internet, I can still do that, just faster and easier. The internet is a beautiful place for knowledge/trivia junkies. And I love to order things online so I get mail that I actually look forward to.
7. Adventure Time. It started as a short for Nickelodeon and it became an internet hit. After which Cartoon Network picked it up to be a full series. It is such a randomly good time. Here are some clips, but you should really check out the full episodes. You can find them online or on Cartoon Network.
8. MochiMochi. I just bought her book, Knitting Mochimochi, and I’m working on tweaking her hamster pattern into catnip hamsters. But more about them later. I love all of her designs, I aspire to knit such fun and crazy things. I love to knit toys, way more entertaining than socks. Also check out her blog for an almost daily dose of cuteness.
9. Pilot G-2 pens. I love the way they write, and they aren’t too bad to draw with either. They are just so fluid and the line weight is excellent. I also love that they are click pens, because I like to rapidly click pens when I’m thinking sometimes.
10. Our California King bed. While not technically ours at the moment, it is on loan from the parents, it is super comfortable. There are quite a few mornings where I would love to just chill out in bed with the cats and read all day.
So that is my ten things I love for this week.