The home edition. Many of the sites I love had to do with re-purposing furniture and DIY interior design. Interior Design was my first major after all.
The wonderful couple over at Young House Love decided to base the color scheme for their new house off of this napkin. I had a similar idea after I made a quilt out of the Fashionista line by Alexander Henry. It is really inspiring to see how they pull the colors out and translate it into a whole house.
Here are 10 home based projects I would love to try, in my color scheme natch.
1. Iron on fabric headboard by Metal & Mud. [via Design*Sponge] I could see it working with all sorts of shapes all over the wall.
2. The pillow cases above, also by Metal & Mud <-Link to tutorial. I would love to make his and her’s pillow cases that way.
5. Make vintage felt Christmas decorations. I would love to have my whole tree covered in them.
6. DIY rug from Vintage Rivivals. I don’t like zebra, but I do love the idea of a custom rug on the cheap and easy.
7. If we ever have a fire place the doesn’t work, I’m making these. And adding some stuffed flames.
8. These would make great foot rests.
9. I love this succulent planter K found at apartment therapy. Added bonus of succulents needing almost no care. I’m not so good at remembering to take care of plants.
10. My ultimate DIY, the B-53 house from Tumbleweed Tiny House Company. I love the bungalow style, and that it isn’t a huge house. The three bedroom floor plan would be perfect I think.