I’ve gotten it all sewn together! After some discussion, I’ve decided to dye the border fabric to make it more grey than stark white. I love the flowers in it, but the white is just to strong. Hopefully it will be a nice tone on tone effect.
Now that the cats are creeping towards completion, I’m going to start planning the next project.
These are the fabrics I bought to make the knitting needle case. I got them when I got the background fabric for the cats. They were in the discount pre-cut bin, which is always a good thing. The brown will form the pockets on the inside, and then I’m going to embroider or appliqué the numbers on.